Business Development Executive
Our client, are a UK leading provider of drug and alcohol treatment services, including 12-Step programmes. They deliver treatment and aftercare programmes – in prisons and in the community – which help people move away from addiction and crime. These services provide a variety of support, including advice, counselling, group work and intensive treatment. Our client believe that all people who are addicted to or misusing substances should have access to support which is effective in breaking their addiction or misuse. People should be given help and support to address all their needs, so they can transform their lives permanently, including turning away from crime.
Business Development sits right at the heart of the organisation, working with partners to develop compelling new service offers for some of the most excluded people in society. Business Development Executives play a key role across the business development lifecycle: assessing new opportunities; researching to support the development of new service models; assessing potential partners; and drafting high quality bid responses.
It’s a varied and demanding role – day to day tasks will include:
- Evaluating and assessing new opportunities, partners and emerging new markets
- Researching best practices and innovations in the field to inform our model development work;
- Writing high quality tender responses, internal and external briefing notes, and internal and external correspondence.
- Collaborating with teams in RAPt’s Head Office (Finance, Talent Management Fundraising and Communications, and HR) and with our prison and community operational services to assist with the production of bids and implementation of successful tenders.
- Create and update bidding high-quality “boilerplates” for use in future bids.
- Representing RAPt at bidders days and industry events
- Support management of the pipeline of upcoming opportunities
- Assist with the project management of tender production
- Pursuing ad-hoc development opportunities for RAPt, both assigned and self-identified.
The successful candidate will routinely produce work for members. They will be supported (and line managed) by the Business Development Manager to influence, inform and build good relationships with these senior stakeholders. Our client is committed to the Continuous Professional Development of the successful candidate, and will help you identify and undergo the necessary learning experiences to help you progress in your career.
The role sits within the Research and Development Team. The larger team has a wide remit, Researchers evaluate the quality of our interventions and programmes, conduct research projects and publish peer-reviewed articles, which adds to our treatment evidence base. They also monitor the field for new policy and evidence-based innovations. The Business Development Executive will work closely with our Researchers to ensure our proposals are evidence-based and reflect the latest developments in the sector.
In-depth knowledge of drug and alcohol misuse treatments and markets is not a prerequisite for the role. The successful candidate will be supported by colleagues in the Research and Operational teams to build a broad substance misuse knowledge-base.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please apply here and you will be redirected to our clients application form
To apply for this job you must be logged in. Click LOGIN or